Membership in the Mississippi School Nutrition Association and the School Nutrition Association
Ten Good Reasons to Become a Member of MSNA and SNA:
1. Helping Children
2. Growing Professionally
4. Eligible for Certification and Credentialing
5. Earn Scholarships for Continuing Education
6. Keeping Well Informed by Receiving “Food For Thought” quarterly magazine and “School Foodservice and Nutrition” monthly magazine
7. Strengthening Professional Respect
8. Shaping School Foodservice Policy
9. A Strong Voice in State and National Legislation Which Effects Child Nutrition Programs
10. Participate in Professional Meetings
Child Nutrition and Education
As school foodservice professionals, we understand that hungry children can’t learn. We also know that more than 9 million of our children between the ages of 6 and 19 are overweight. Poor nutrition and lack of physical activity are contributing factors to this national problem. You can play a critical role in helping students learn to make smarter eating choices and develop lifelong healthy habits!
Coordinated School Health Team Reauthorization of Child Nutrition programs includes the new requirement for school districts to develop a wellness policy. This is an excellent opportunity for school foodservice professionals to shine. Begin by encouraging your district to develop a Coordinated School Health Team (CSHT) and assess the school environment. A CSHT has eight components including school Nutrition Services.
For more information, please visit http://www.healthyschoolsms.org.