Committees & Advisory Boards: SNA and MSNA Awards
SNA and MSNA AWARDS
There is a SNA and MSNA Award for every member type:
- Employee of the Year
- Manager of the Year, in honor of Louise Sublette
- Director of the Year
All nominees must be SNA members who are SNA certified throughout the entire awards process. Award nominations for the Manager of the Year, in honor of Louise Sublette, are due to the State President by February 1 of each year. Award nominations for the Employee of the Year and the Director of the Year, are due to the State President by March 1 of each year. For further information about applications go the SNA Website: https://schoolnutrition.org/Awards/
Award winners for both the SNA and the MSNA Awards will be recognized at the SNA Annual National Conference and at the MSNA Annual Conference. The SNA and MSNA Manager of the year will receive an expense paid trip to the SNA ANC to receive the award. Further details are on the MSNA Website.
MSNA OUTSTANDING SCHOOL AWARD:
1. Chairman shall distribute information and applications to Regional Directors who will disseminate to local chapters.
2. Submissions from local chapters will be returned to the Regional Director by September 1.
3. Each Regional Director will appoint a three person committee with the chairman being from the Professional Development Committee to evaluate applications and make a selection by September 30.
4. The Regional Director will notify the winner and forward the application to the Professional Development Chairman by October 1. The Regional Director will return all entries that did not win.
5. The Professional Development Chairman will notify each winner about the presentation being made at the Annual State Conference.
MSNA SCHOOL LUNCH BELL AWARD:
1. Information and applications will be distributed to Regional Directors for dissemination to local chapters.
2. Applications will be returned to each Regional Director by September 1. Each Regional winner is sent directly to the Professional Development Chairman by October 1.
3. The Chairman will appoint a selection committee who will determine the winner and notify the Chairman.
4. The Chairman will notify the President of the winning entries and the winners about plans for the presentation at the Annual Spring Conference. All entries will be returned at the Spring Conference.
1. Information and applications will be distributed to Regional Directors for dissemination to local chapters and to Executive Secretary for inclusion in Magnolia Petals.
2. All applications will be received by the Chairman by October 1.
3. The Chairman will appoint a three person selection committee. The selection committee will notify the Chairman of the results.
4. The Chairman will notify all applicants and also provide information to the winners about presentation at the Annual State Conference.
SNA AND MSNA SCHOLARSHIPS/AWARDS DUE DATES
GED-Jumpstart Scholarship is an open application process.
No Deadline. For individuals who want to get a GED.