Executive Board (Non-Voting) Parliamentarian
The Parliamentarian shall be appointed by the President, subject to approval of the Executive Board.
1. Shall attend Executive Board meetings, Delegates Assembly and other meetings as requested by the President.
2. Shall provide assistance as needed to insure that all meetings of the Association are held according to the laws of parliamentary procedure, shall assist and support the President in maintaining order and adhering to time schedules as approved by the Board and membership, and assist with the election and voting procedures
3. Shall obtain and maintain copies of Parliamentary References as adopted by the MSNA Executive Board. (The MSNA approved reference is “Robert’s Rules of Order, Newly Revised.”).
4. Shall carefully study and provide expertise in interpretation of the Constitution and Bylaws of MSNA and SNA.
5. Shall aid Regions in using proper parliamentary procedure in conducting Regional and Chapter meetings by:
A. Providing website information of parliamentary references adopted by the Association (“Robert’s Rules of Order, Newly Revised”).
B. Providing instructions as to proper parliamentary procedure during the MSNA Annual Leadership Conference for officers.