Executive Committee, Executive Secretary
1. Actively encourage membership and participation in the Association by all food service personnel in the state.
2. Prepare Association correspondence as directed and approved by the President.
3. Prepare the agenda for all meetings except the Delegate Assembly and mail along with reminders to the Executive Board, Industry Advisory Board, Steering Committee, and others as necessary.
4. Select, at the President’s direction, the site and date for both the Leadership and Nutrition Education Conferences, take care of registrations, speakers and their needs, make arrangements for breaks and luncheons and work closely with hotel representative for all amenities possible.
5. Represent the Association in its day-to-day business activities and administer the policies of the Association as directed by the President and Board of Directors.
6. Coordinate the publicity required between the Association, the various media, and other public information sources as appropriate.
7. Coordinate the collection of materials, typesetting and printing of two issues per year of the Magnolia Petals and mail/e-mail to all active members and to others as directed by the President.
8. Provide liaison and feedback to the Board of Directors with the users of the Association to reduce inadequacies within the Association and to maximize its effectiveness.
9. Actively support efforts to develop and implement a statewide marketing program.
10. Represent the Association at various meetings within the state to stimulate and educate the public in the activities of the Association.
11. Keep the President aware of monthly activities to include special contacts/needs of members, potential members, the School Nutrition Association, any significant developments in the operation of the office, the status of special projects, and any other items which may appear of interest to the Association or the Executive Secretary in support of the goals of the Association.
12. Coordinate with and assist the President Elect/Conference Chairman in all planned activities of the conference to include:
a. Update the Steering Committee Handbook each year
b. Meet with the Conference Chairman and Hotel’s to establish the best one to meet the needs and space for conference activities, complimentary rooms, amenities, etc.
c. Serve as liaison between Conference Chairman and hotels, etc.
d. Assist the Conference Chairman with correspondence to and confirmation with speakers, dignitaries, entertainment, industry advisory board, steering committee, etc.
e. Provide list of guests, complimentary conference packets and meal tickets to Registration Chairman.
f. Provide lists of persons to receive baskets, gifts, corsages, boutonnieres to Hospitality Chairman.
g. Keep a copy of all conference contracts, pertinent information, resumes, etc.
h. Order plaques for awards, conference honoree, outgoing officers, special recognitions and others as directed by the Conference Chairman.
i. Order all favors and gifts as approved and directed by the Conference Chairman.
j. Prepare, with Conference Chairman’s approval, head table seating arrangements for all functions.
k. Run ballots and a membership listing on October 1 (only those who are active members on this particular date will be eligible to vote). Mail absentee ballots as requested. Provide ballots, ballot box and membership listing to Elections Committee.
l. Be responsible for the printing of the Conference Program. DEADLINES FOR SUBMITTING PROGRAM CONTENT MUST BE MET BY ALL, OTHERWISE, TIME TO PROOF AND REPROOF PRINTED PROGRAM IS NOT POSSIBLE.
m. Assist Conference Chairman and Treasurer in closing out all conference accounts.
n. Keep a complete conference file for assistance in and reference for future conference chairman and steering committees.
o. Other duties as listed in the Steering Committee Handbook and/or deemed necessary by the President Elect/Conference Chairman