Special Meetings: Resolutions & Amendments
RESOLUTIONS AND AMENDMENTS
Section A Method of Proposal
Resolutions and amendments to these bylaws may be proposed in writing no later than August 15, in anyone of the following ways:
1. At the official request of a regional affiliate
2. By majority vote of the Executive Board
3. At the official request of Association committees or advisory boards.
4. By written petition signed by 100 members
Section B Procedure -Bylaws Amendments
Amendments to these bylaws may be adopted by a two-thirds (2/3) vote of the members present at the annual meeting of the House of Delegates or by a two-thirds (2/3) affirmative mail votes returned.
1. Provided the Chairman of the Resolutions and Bylaws Committee receives the amendments to be considered at the next MSNA Annual Conference, in writing, postmarked on or before August 15.
2. Provided copies of the proposed amendments to all members of the Association through publication in the Association journal or by direct mail at least thirty (30) days prior to the MSNA Annual Conference or deadline for casting a mail vote.
Section C Procedure -Resolutions
1. All proposed resolutions to be considered at the MSNA Annual Conference shall be submitted to the Chairman of the Resolutions and Bylaws Committee, in writing, postmarked no later than August 15 prior to the Annual State Conference. Upon unanimous consent of the delegates a written resolution may be submitted from the floor of the House of Delegates, provided it has been presented to the Chairman of the Resolutions and Bylaws Committee before the call to order of the session.
2. Proposed resolutions to be considered by the House of Delegates shall be mailed to all members of the House of Delegates thirty (30) days prior to the MSNA Annual Conference.
3. Adoption of proposed resolutions shall require a simple majority vote of the House of Delegates with the exception of resolutions dealing with changes in membership dues and the removal of an officer.
4. Resolutions which are in conflict with the bylaws of the Association will not be presented to the House of Delegates.
Section D Resubmission of Resolution or Bylaws Amendments
A resolution or amendment that has been the subject of a resolution or amendment to these bylaws presented to the House of Delegates for a vote in any two consecutive years and is defeated shall not be placed on the agenda for the House of Delegates until the second meeting following the last meeting in which the same issue was defeated.